Monday, January 31, 2011

Podcasting

I think podcasts are very useful in general and especially when used in libraries.

Podcasts can be used by universities and other educational institutions for example podcasting lectures on websites.

Podcasts can be used in a variety of libraries.  For example in a university library there could be a podcast based on an orientation of the library for new students.  In a public library there could be podcasts of book club meetings, storytime and other activities as well as team meetings, health and safety meetings etc.

I would like to subscribe to podcasts such as on radio station's websites as I may have missed certain broadcasts of my favourite programs.

4 comments:

  1. Library Ninja likes your suggestions of possible content for library podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, sometimes you miss something on the radio and with podcasts you can go and listen to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of podcasts of book club meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like podcasts for things you miss on the radio, but I can see the benefits for libraries too...they could be good training tools also.

    ReplyDelete