Tuesday, December 14, 2010

RSS Aggregators/Feeds

This week I have been learning about RSS Aggregators/Feeds. I don’t think I could afford the time to subscribe to lots of different websites which would give me numerous updates.  I say this as I’m normally studying part time and working two casual jobs.  It’s interesting learning about this technology though and I could see its benefits in a library.
Patrons could subscribe to their libraries and library newsletters etc and receive updates on latest titles, book clubs, knitting circles, school holiday activities etc.

The pages I have subscribed to include:

City of Cockburn Public Libraries
Central Institute of Technology
Perthnow.com.au
Hotmail.com
Western Australian Public Libraries learning 2.0 basics


1 comment:

  1. I think this is something that someone would want to do all the time, but it's not high on my priorities.

    ReplyDelete